EFFORTS Member Fortress of Culture Šibenik (Croatia), partnering with EFFORTS member Herceg Novi (Montenegro), the City of Banja Luka (Bosnia-Herzegovina), the City of Karlovac (Croatia) and the Municipality of Bar (Montenegro) presents the EU project FORTITUDE (Historical Fortresses Intensifying cross-border Tourism Development – Interreg IPA Cross border cooperation) This 1.618.438,72 EUR project runs from March 1st 2020 to February 28th 2022. It’s aim is tourism offer development and the improvement of the attraction of fortified sites by creating and promoting a new tourism offer and products through:
- organization of 1 joint event (The Night of Fortresses) which will be held annually on all partner locations
- design of visitor centers
- development of tourist routes that promote cultural heritage
- in cooperation with EFFORTS, organization of workshops that pass on the knowledge and experience in cultural management and discuss best practices in the programme area
- education for visitor centers workers (foreign language courses, tourist guide courses).